Prepare your girls for their camping trip and award them with this embroidered patch as a remembrance for their effort.
See This Patch On MakingFriends To Buy!
Camping Prepared Patch Program
Prepare your Girls for their camping trip and award them with this embroidered patch as a remembrance for their effort.
151 in stock
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
This 2″ iron-on embroidered patch is part of our patch program.
Sit Upons will keep your butt dry and warm. Ideas for making one:
Suggestions for how Daisy* and Brownie* Girls can earn the Camping Prepared Patch:
Get excited about your upcoming camping trip.
This handprint campfire picture is a fun way to get the camping conversation started:
Learn what to pack for camping trip.
- Dress in layers, long socks and jeans. Leggings are not great for camping as ticks and bugs can get through them easier than in jeans. Jeans should be tucked into socks. Hats or bandanas over a pony tail will keep hair covered and out of the way when you are hiking or sitting around the campfire.
- If sleeping outside, character sleeping bags are not warm enough but they are fine for inside.
- Before camping, play a game to see how fast you can roll up your sleeping bag. A ground cloth or yoga mat are a good idea for under your sleeping bag. Sweat pants and sweat shirts are better for sleeping in than nightgowns and pajamas.
- Campers should wear sneakers or hiking boots, not shoes or flip flops.
Suggestions for how Junior* and Cadette* Girls can earn the Camping Prepared Patch:
As a group, come up with a checklist of the personal items you will need for camping. Review with your leader:
- Did you remember extra socks and layers to dress in?
- In addition to the clothing, and sleeping equipment, remember to bring a flashlight, bug spray, sun screen, mess kit and a dunk bag. if you use them, hat or bandana, and sit upon.
- Think about weather. Will you need raincoat or poncho? Hats, gloves and scarves for sleeping even in the fall and spring may be needed.
- What toiletries do they need?
- Be ready to help plan the meals as well.
Suggestions for how Senior* and Ambassador* Girls can earn the Camping Prepared Patch:
Think about not only your own personal checklist but work together to prepare the troop checklist.
- If tent camping, will tents be provided or do you need to bring them?
- What do you need to build your fire safely AND to put it out? Are a fire ring, ash bucket and shovel provided?
- Is there a water source or do you need to bring it with you? What about wood, charcoal, matches and fire starters?
- What meals will you be making? Prepare a list of all pots, pans, utensils, cutting board, pot holders, can opener, heavy duty foil, strainer and vegetable peeler they will need.
- What about left overs? How will they be handled?
- Who is bringing the coolers and ice? Did you remember that coolers need a locking mechanism?
- Garbage bags, paper towels, toilet paper are all things to consider if not supplied.
- Dish soap or dunk supplies (including buckets and clothesline), rubber gloves might be needed.
- What activities will you be doing? Do they need compasses, pocket knives, binoculars?
|Dimensions||1 x 1 x 1 in|
GET $10 OFF YOUR $100 ORDER. USE COUPON CODE TENLESS.Dismiss